Remedial Massage treats damaged or impaired muscles and tendons. This is done by selectively applying gentle or strong, deep or shallow pressure to support and speed up the body’s own repair mechanisms. A Remedial massage therapist has the ability to provide a comprehensive treatment plan based on their ability to determine the underlying cause of many muscular-skeletal problems.
Key benefits include:
- Stimulation of the blood supply aiding the elimination of toxins in the muscles
- Calming of the nervous system to ease pain and discomfort
- Toning and relaxing of muscles to improve joint mobility
- Improving the health of the cells
- Repair of tissues
- Easing of stiffness and tension
A professional massage therapist loosens muscles and connective tissues, to release stress and muscular tension. The body can be freed of spasm and pain, increase its range of motion, and strengthen to avoid injury.